Tuesday, April 24, 2012

If First You Fail...

Wow.

I amaze myself. I pledge that I am going to be a better and more consistent blogger, then I wait almost a whole year before I continue.

A lot has changed in my life since last I posted.

In November, I got married. Yes. You read that right. I married my best friend and we have been married for almost 6 months!

My Husband Tom & I on our Wedding Day 11/11/2011
Things were moving along at a great pace and then March came. Just as the fiscal year end approached at my company, I was told that my position was no longer needed.

So where does that leave me? Unemployed and dealing.

Prior to this event, however, my husband and I had committed to ditching as much processed food as possible. I firmly subscribe to the ideology "GIGO" or "garbage in, garbage out".

We have been doing very well. Each week, I go to the local Flea market and buy fresh fruits and veggies. The amount of processed food we eat has gone down considerably.

My other focus has naturally shifted to getting more active. I really want to run. I have been walking about 10 miles a week on average. I have participated in my first walk. I feel like I am getting somewhere.



This is ultimately an update, but also it is re-purposing of this blog. I still want to ditch the granny panties, but that is fast becoming more of a figurative notion, than literal. I am caring less about fitting into smaller panties, but more about pursuing the dreams that I have been short selling myself into not pursuing. And that is perhaps the most important lesson that I could learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment