Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Finding my stride

I haven't written in a few weeks, but I have been on my "journey" so to speak.

I am going to water aerobics on Tuesday and Thursday, led by my friend Robyn Dowling. It's awesome and I love leaving work at 4:30 to go (I have been in that 8-5 rut for so long, that 4:30 feels like I am getting out early. I am not, just taking a shorter lunch).

I also went this week and signed up at the Jewish Center of Columbia. Today will be the first day that I go to a water aerobics class there, but I am rather looking forward to it.

I have also decided that I am going to start swimming. This is likely going to take some time to get going, but I am starting today.. after water aerobics. This is my plan.

I chose water aerobics because land exercise is just too much for me and my back... at least right now. I played tennis this weekend (or attempted to, rather) and I really think I aggravated my back. (I think a chiropractor is in my not too distant future) I digress. It's just working out in the water is just a better option for me right now.

And I love the water! My grandmother had a pool when I was younger and I can't tell you how many hours I spent in it. My cousins and I did our own versions of surfing and gymnastics. Those were the best times. I think, though, that my love for the water stems from the fact that I never really felt out of place or uncomfortable in the pool. Outside, however, is another issue.

So as I close out this post, I think that I am making steps. I am far away from where I will ultimately be, but I am not where I was three weeks ago, either. Like anything else in life, there is a certain amount of give and take.

Until next time.....

B;)

No comments:

Post a Comment